Product Design Intern (Summer 2019)
Interns at Huddle work alongside our senior teams designing a great product to help organizations build better relationships with their clients and partners through collaboration and engagement. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference. This is an unpaid intern role, while we are happy to have applications from abroad we will not be able to pay any living expenses.
- Embed directly in one of our product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers, writers, researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Employ a systematic process for finding and resolving hidden complexities and edge cases
- Produce work that encompasses the distinctive look and feel of Huddle products
- Think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Speak and present compellingly about design to stakeholders
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Human-computer Interaction Design, Digital Communications or similar program (graduating in/after Dec 2019)
- Have at least one project that demonstrates your product design capabilities
- Demonstrate design systems thinking and ability to make rational design decisions
- Understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical
- Understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Bonus points for motion, iconography, UX system flows, modern UI visuals, prototyping skills, front end web development
- Polishing and refining your work is important to you, you obsess over details to ensure everything is pixel-perfect
- Whatever your tools of choice, you wield them with deft and speed
- A portfolio of work submitted with your application, whether it’s a product (UX, UI, or both) mobile, web, in-app or elsewhere
- Qualified candidates will also be asked to submit a take-home exercise as part of our interview process
- Cool office with kitchen stocked with cereals, fruit, snacks and beverages
Huddlers are foodies, sports enthusiasts, video and board gamers and pub goers. There’s burger club, cheese club, monthly release celebrations, team lunches, breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Wednesdays and beer o’clock on Fridays. If this sounds like your ideal role, we'd love to hear from you.